Interested in securing your enterprise and Active Directory environment?
Please visit TrimarcSecurity.com.
Sean Metcalf (@PyroTek3) is a Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM) in Directory Services (Active Directory Windows Server 2008 R2) which is an elite group of Active Directory experts (only about 100 worldwide). As of 2016, he is also a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP).
Sean performs security research focused on the Microsoft platform and has identified interesting Kerberos behavior as well as other unique research. He has spoken on Active Directory attack & defense at BSides Charm (Baltimore), Shakacon, Black Hat USA 2015, Black Hat USA 2016, DEF CON 23 (2015), DEF CON 24 (2016), and DerbyCon security conferences. Slides & videos (if available) from these presentations can be found on the Presentations page.
Sean Metcalf is Founder of & Principal Consultant for Trimarc Security, LLC, a security company with focus on improving enterprise security. Sean performs Windows and Active Directory security research, the results of which he shares at conferences and on ADSecurity.org.
He is a Security Architect and Enterprise Security SME for several customers providing Active Directory and Microsoft enterprise security expertise. He also performs Active Directory security assessments identifying security configuration issues typically leveraged by attackers to compromise the enterprise.
ADSecurity.org (Active Directory Security) is a place where he shares Microsoft enterprise security guidance and information about current threats to enterprise networks & mitigation for these threats, Active Directory design and configuration tips, as well as leveraging PowerShell in an Active Directory environment.
In the Press:
- CSO Online article & PCWorld’s article on Sean’s Black Hat USA 2016 talk.
- Rally Security podcast interview on August 31st, 2016. Interview available via podcast app and YouTube video.
- Security Weekly interview (#462) on April 28th, 2016. Interview available via podcast app, audio, and YouTube video.
- Redmond Magazine published an article on PowerShell security quoting my post on Detecting Offensive PowerShell Attack Tools.
The same article also ran on MCPMag.com.
- IT World Canada reached out to me in late 2015 to help with an article on Active Directory attack & defense.
- IIT World Canada also requested comments for a second story titled: “22 tips for preventing ransomware attacks“.
To contact Sean, please use the contact page or email s e a n /@\ ADSecurity.org
ADSecurity.org is Sean’s personal website and reflects his own views.
All trademarks and copyrights belong to their owners.