The following are extremely useful resources for understanding the Active Directory DNS & Name Resolution.
DNS & Name Resolution
- GlobalNames Zone Deployment(document download)
- Description of the netmask ordering feature and the round robin feature in Windows Server 2003 DNS
- How to reconfigure an _msdcs subdomainto a forest–wide DNS application directory partitionwhen you upgrade from Windows 2000 to Windows Server 2003
- Event ID 4515 is logged in the DNS Server log in Windows Server 2003
- Tools / concepts to be familiar with: NSLOOKUP, DNSCMD (all), DNSLINT, etc
Trimarc helps companies and organizations improve their security to better protect against and detect attacks.
Visit TrimarcSecurity.com for more information.