The following are extremely useful resources for understanding the Active Directory Backup and Disaster Recovery.
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Windows Server 2012: Planning for Active Directory Forest Recovery (Word doc download)
- Recovering Missing FRS Objects and FRS Attributes in Active Directory
- Performing an Authoritative Restore of Active Directory Objects
- How to Force a Non-Authoritative Restore of the Data in the SYSVOL Folder on a Domain Controller in Windows 2000 Server and in Windows Server 2003
- How to Perform an Authoritative Restore to a Domain Controller in Windows 2000
- Performing a Non-Authoritative Restore of a Domain Controller
- How to Remove Data in Active Directory After an Unsuccessful Domain Controller Demotion
- Using Ntdsutil.exe to transfer or seize FSMO roles to a domain controller
- How to perform a disaster recovery restoration of Active Directory on a computer with adifferent hardware configuration
- How to restore deleted user accounts and their group memberships in Active Directory
- Active Directory Database Mounting Tool Step–by–Step Guide
Trimarc helps companies and organizations improve their security to better protect against and detect attacks.
Visit TrimarcSecurity.com for more information.