The following are extremely useful resources for understanding the Active Directory Authentication & Logon.
Authentication & Logon
- What Is Kerberos Authentication?
- How the Kerberos Version 5 Authentication Protocol Works
- Kerberos Authentication Tools and Settings
- Kerberos for the Busy Admin
- Understanding Kerberos Double Hop
- Kerberos errors in network captures
- [MS-NLMP]: NT LAN Manager (NTLM) Authentication Protocol
- Authorization and Access Control Technologies
- Problems with Kerberos authentication when a user belongs to many groups (Article ID: 327825)
- Users who are members of more than 1,015 groups may fail logon authentication (Article ID: 328889)
- MaxTokenSize and Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
Trimarc helps companies and organizations improve their security to better protect against and detect attacks.
Visit TrimarcSecurity.com for more information.